K.V.G Ayurveda Medical college offers bachelor degree in Ayurveda (BAMS) & Post Graduation (MD) recognized by CCIM New Delhi & Dept of Ayush (Government of India) & Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University, Bangalore.
MD Courses are available for Panchakarma, Dravyaguna, Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana , Shalyatantra, Agada Tantra & Kayachikista
Eligibility for admission for BAMS Course (UG):
- Students seeking the admission of BAMS Course must have passed 2 year PUC or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as option & with minimum 50% marks in these subjects.
- NEET compulsory with percentail of 50% for General Merit, for OBC & SC/ST 40% , for UR & PH 45%
- No Candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed 17 yrs of age as on 31st dec of the year of admission
- Students who have passed an examination other than PU Bangalore should submit Eligibility Certificate before admission issued by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Foreign students may seek admission to the B.A.M.S. degree, provided the parent University – the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore- recognize the basic qualification of their home country, and they pass successfully in the examination conducted by the University.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
The function of Course of the 4 ½ +1 years.
It divided into
I Professional – 1 year (12 Months)
II Professional – 1 year (12 Months)
III Professional – 1 year (12 Months)
IV Professional – 1.5 year (18 Months)
V Compulsory Internship – 1 year (12 Months)
Post Graduate Course:
Eligibility for admission for MD Course: Students seeking the admission of MD Course must have passed BAMS examination from a CCIM recognized institution with 50% marks.
The college offers post-graduation in six discipline of Ayurveda, among which three are clinical and three are non-clinical as mentioned below.
|1. Kayachikitsa, M.D. (Ayu)||( General Medicine )||4. Dravyaguna M.D. (Ayu)||(Materia Medica)|
|2. Shalya Tantra, M.S. (Ayu)||(Surgery)||5. Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana M.D. (Ayu)||(Alchemistry) (Pharmeceutics)|
|3. Panchakarma, M.D. (Ayu)||(Special Therapies)||6. Agadatantra, MD (Ayu)||(Toxicology & Forensic medicine)|
Duration of Course ; 3 years
(Important : As per prevalent norms all Non-Karnataka applicants who seek admission for the B.A.M.S. and M.D/M.S. (Ayu) should obtain the ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE issued by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bengaluru. (Visit website: www.rguhs.ac.in).